Birth Doula and Childbirth Educator
Birth Doula (trained with DONA International)
Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) Degree - University of Minnesota-Duluth (2005)
Master of Business Administration Degree - Hamline University (2011)
● After 15 years in the corporate health insurance industry, Liz (she/her) was called to birth work after the VBAC of her second child.
● Liz enjoys working with all types of families and scenarios. Her main passion is to connect and empower families so they can make informed choices through their childbirth experience and beyond.
● Leveraging her experience and connections within both the mental health community and health insurance industry, Liz can provide resources and make connections for families when needed.
● Liz lives in Stillwater, MN with her husband and two children.
Birth Doula Support - $850
● Two, 2-hour prenatal visits
● Unlimited Text/Email/Phone call support
● Unlimited support from the onset of labor through 1-2 hours after delivery
● One 1-2-hour postpartum visit, 3-7 days after baby is born
Postpartum Doula Support - 8 hours: $300, 16 hours: $500, Additional/a la carte hours: $40/hr
Postpartum support services including, but not limited to:
● Breastfeeding support
● Overnight support
● Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
● Light housekeeping
● Running errands
● Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting
● Light meal preparation
● Baby soothing techniques
● Sibling care
● Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation support and support groups
Insurance Guide Services - $25/hr
Assistance with navigating the health insurance system, including but not limited to:
Choosing health insurance plans
Reading and interpreting bills
Submitting for reimbursement
Enrolling in incentive programs